I became interested in natural foods thirty years ago when I decided to adopt a vegetarian diet. In my quest to learn to be a healthy plant-eater, I began to study to the science of nutrition and to apply that wisdom to my own diet and that of my family. We have had nothing but positive results.
On the subject of natural weight control, I feel I can shed light on habits and helpers found in nature.
It is very important to adopt an attitude of eating to live rather than living to eat. We must eat a variety of food groups and many colors and textures daily. In them, we find fibers, pectins, enzymes and phytonutrients which support the functions of our metabolic systems.
Susan's Favorite Weight Control Helpers
- Spirulina - controls appetite, balances blood sugar
- Green tea extract - helps liver to cleanse toxins, hormones, and fat.
- L-carnitine - fat-burning amino acid, use on empty stomach.
- Enteric-coated acidolphilus - I use Pearls by Enzymatic Therapy.
- Calcium pyruvate - fat-absorbing fiber from apples.
- Digestive enzymes with major meals.
- Calcium, magnesium formula - take at bedtime.
- Holy Basil - balances sugar and controls stress.
- Chromium picolinate - balances blood sugars and metabolizes fats.
- Relora - for overeating caused by anxiety.